Colombo Shopping Tour
Colombo is the commercial capital of Sri Lanka, with that said Colombo is the shopping destination for any local or foreign tourist, its sheer shopping paradise. With the best modern, sophisticated, shopping malls to the famously busy street stalls and markets, there is something for everyone. From Gucci to Armani we offer a wide range of in-house and overseas new and latest products in Colombo shopping. Finding the right places to shop is the key. Tours Lanka offers you guidance through Colombo shopping spree. No matter how much of shopping you do in Colombo, your shopping isn’t completed without experiencing the hustle and bustle of Pettah. With almost anything being available in the many narrow streets, you will have plenty of shops to choose from that will satisfy your retail needs. Although driving through and parking is problematic, the entire stretch of shops are located within a walkable distance. be sure to polish your bargaining skills, which is important to fetch the best prices. Colombo has an exhaustive variety of things to buy. Tours Lanka offers you all this with the best tour packages in Sri Lanka.
Laksala Sri Lanka
Laksala is home to the arts and crafts of Sri Lankan local artisans. It’s the largest state-owned gift shop with souvenirs for the domestic and international market.
Dutch Hospital Sri Lanka, Dutch Hospital Shopping
Sri Lanka had a pre-colonial era. Due to it Some of the colonial architectures are still evident to see. One of them is the Dutch hospital in Sri Lanka, during the colonial era this used to be a hospital. it has now been restored into an upscale shopping arena. It has a few cafes, restaurants, shops and bars. Dutch hospital shopping is the place for some upscale shopping and a nice place to relax and enjoy.
Day 1: Airport / Colombo
Warm welcome at the Bandaranayake International Air Port with a representative from Ceylon Valley Tours & transfer to Hotel in Colombo.
In the evening do Colombo shopping. (Depending on your arrival timing)
Colombo itself has a fair share of shopping malls and department stores. With everything that meets the consumers’ needs. & Experience the hustle and bustle of Pettah. The entire stretch of shops are located within a “walkable” distance.
Overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo.
Day 2: Colombo
Breakfast at Hotel
You can do city tour. Colombo
The capital of Sri Lanka, has a long history as a port ruled successively by the Portuguese, Dutch and British.
That heritage is reflected in its architecture, mixing colonial buildings with high-rises and shopping malls. The imposing Colombo National Museum, dedicated to Sri Lankan history, borders sprawling Viharamahadevi Park and its giant Buddha.
Proceed to Galle Face & Relax by the ocean view and green space.
You can do last minute shopping Colombo.
Overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo
Day 3: Colombo / AirPort
Breakfast at Hotel
You will be transferred to the AirPort for the departure flight.
Dress CodeCasual, Comfortable Clothing.
IncludedColombo Shopping Tour
BEST PLACES TO GO SHOPPING IN SRI LANKA
- 1. Majestic City- The multi storey Majestic City is an air-conditioned shopping mall that provides maximum and modern conveniences to shopaholics. Offering everything from clothes, electronic items and various handicrafts and furniture items, visitors to Majestic City are sure to find everything that they could possibly seek. It features supermarket on the ground floor, pool hall, a food court and a state-of-the-art cinema which can accommodate up to 450 people.
- 2. Crescat Boulevard – Crescat Boulevard is one of the finest up market shopping malls in Colombo. The air conditioned Crescat is also popular for its food court with food counters of diverse cuisine. They offer delicious and affordable foods that will truly satisfy everyone’s tastes buds.
- 3. Liberty Plaza – Liberty Plaza is a multi-storey shopping complex located in Colombo 03; it offers a range of retail stores selling some attractive products at affordable prices. There are also ideal souvenir items found here that will be a perfect gift for your friends and family back home.
- 4. House of Fashion – House of Fashion is located in Colombo, where the most affordable ready-to-wear clothes are found. There are huge choices for teen clothes and adult clothes that are both casual wear and formal wear. This is a very ideal place for shopaholics for clothes and accessories.
- 5. The Pettah Market – In Pettah market you will find all kinds of things from fruits to clothes to electronics if you want to buy at wholesale prices. You have to bargain extensively and it is recommended that you take a local you trust along with you. Even if you don’t buy anything, Pettah, or Colombo 11 is an experience in itself being a very typical, busy, loud and crowded oriental market place full of all sorts of odds, ends and junk.
- 6. Duplication Road, Colombo – Where a vast collection of men’s and women’s clothes are found together with shoes, bags, purses, and even toys are found. There are discounts stores that sell designer items with its very low prices ever!
- 7. Laksala – A perfect place to buy souvenirs and handicrafts from all over Sri Lanka. Prices are very reasonable and fixed. Laksala is a state corporation under the Ministry of Rural Industries and Self Employment Promotion is set up to preserve and develop traditional skill of the craftsmen. They accept credit cards here making everyone’s shopping very accessible.
- 8. Odel Department Store– It is a mansion made into a shopping store in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The department store is complete with cafés and bars where shoppers can rest for a while after a whole day of busy shopping. Odel offers an unrivalled choice of fashion and lifestyle products in an ambience that is elegant, cosy, casual and definitely stylish. Odel offers an extensive range of clothes, accessories, bags, perfumes, cosmetics and shoes for the ladies. The gents too have a good selection of branded clothing of shirts, casual wear, sportswear, suits, watches and shoes. There are also special sections for winter clothes and swimwear for children, ladies and gents.
- 9. Ratnapura – Ratnapura is the best place in Sri Lanka to buy jewels and gem for this place is the gem-mining capital of Sri Lanka. This town has the most well known gem shops in the country. One can also watch how the traditional gem mining and cutting is made. This is definitely a haven for all gem enthusiasts.
- 10. Sri Lankan Streets – Sri Lankan Streets are probably the easiest way to search for shopping items. City streets are filled with sidewalk vendors selling the items similar to those that are sold in department stores and malls, only the prices outside are extremely more affordable. This is the most practical place to shop for everyone who is on a tight budget but still wants to enjoy shopping in Sri Lanka.